Eight athletes at this week’s WWE tryout in Jeddah, Saudia Arabia, have been selected to receive additional training under WWE’s coaching team in the coming days, and at least one of those prospects will earn the chance to participate in Friday’s Greatest Royal Rumble event.
The announcement was made Saturday at the King Abdullah Sports City Sports Hall, with WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative Paul “Triple H” Levesque in attendance.
— Triple H (@TripleH) April 21, 2018
The eight participants who will continue training are:
- Hussain Aldagal, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with a background in volleyball and bodybuilding
- Mansoor Al-Shehail, a 6-foot, 175-pounder who has trained under WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr.
- Faisal Kurdi, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound MMA fighter, amateur grappler and Muay Thai boxer
- Nasser Bawazir, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound champion in boxing, MMA and aikido
- Khalid Alhothali, a competitor in bodybuilding, as well as combat sports, including boxing and jiu-jitsu
- Abdullah Almagrabi, a 225-pound karate champion and boxing trainer
- Faisal Allabboudy, a 23-year-old whose athletic background includes competitive swimming, boxing and bodybuilding
- Asaad Alshareef, a 23-year-old Greco Roman and freestyle wrestler who has also trained in various martial arts
You can watch the full announcement on Facebook Live below:
The KSA Tryouts conclude with a reveal of our winners who will continue training this week in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Posted by WWE on Saturday, April 21, 2018
Article source: WWE.com