Eight athletes were declared the winners of this week’s WWE tryout in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. They will advance to more intensive training under WWE’s coaching team in the coming days, with at least one of the prospects earning the chance to participate in Friday’s Greatest Royal Rumble event.
The winners were revealed Saturday at the King Abdullah Sports City Sports Hall, with WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative Paul “Triple H” Levesque in attendance.
— Triple H (@TripleH) April 21, 2018
The eight winners are:
- Hussain Aldagal, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with a background in volleyball and bodybuilding
- Mansoor Al-Shehail, a 6-foot, 175-pounder who has trained under WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr.
- Faisal Kurdi, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound MMA fighter, amateur grappler and Muay Thai boxer
- Nasser Bawazer, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound champion in boxing, MMA and aikido
- Khalid Alhothali, a competitor in bodybuilding, as well as combat sports, including boxing and jiu-jitsu
- Abdullah Almagrabi, a 225-pound karate champion and boxing trainer
- Faisal Allabboudy, a 23-year-old whose athletic background includes competitive swimming, boxing and bodybuilding
- Asaad Alshareef, a 23-year-old Greco Roman and freestyle wrestler who has also trained in various martial arts
You can watch the full announcement on Facebook Live below:
The KSA Tryouts conclude with a reveal of our winners who will continue training this week in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Posted by WWE on Saturday, April 21, 2018
Article source: WWE.com